lundi 14 novembre 2016

Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker

Plus noir que jamais, Léonard Cohen...

"There's a lover in the story
But the story's still the same
There's a lullaby for suffering
And a paradox to blame
But it's written in the scriptures
And it's not some idle claim
You want it darker

We kill the flame"






If you are the dealer, let me out of the game
Si tu es le croupier, laisse-moi en dehors du jeu
If you are the healer, I'm broken and lame
Si tu es le guérisseur, je suis brisé et bancal
If thine is the glory, mine must be the shame
Si tienne est la gloire alors le mien doit être la honte
You want it darker
Tu veux ça plus sombre




... We kill the flame Magnified, sanctified, be thy holy name Vilified, crucified, in the human frame A million candles burning for the help that never came You want it darker Hineni, hineni (Hineni means Here I am) I'm ready, my lord There's a lover in the story But the story's still the same There's a lullaby for suffering And a paradox to blame But it's written in the scriptures And it's not some idle claim You want it darker We kill the flame They're lining up the prisoners And the guards are taking aim I struggled with some demons They were middle class and tame I didn't know I had permission to murder and to maim You want it darker Hineni, hineni I'm ready, my lord Magnified, sanctified, be thy holy name Vilified, crucified, in the human frame A million candles burning for the love that never came You want it darker We kill the flame If you are the dealer, let me out of the game If you are the healer, I'm broken and lame If thine is the glory, mine must be the shame You want it darker Hineni, hineni Hineni, hineni I'm ready, my lord Hineni Hineni, hineni Hineni

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire